Friday, September 20, 2013

Burn Notice - Series Finale **Spoilers Sweetie**

Burn Notice is over.
I was super worried about how this was gonna go. Matt Nix acknowledged that at least one main character would die by the end of the show, but he also said that it would not be "Gratuitous killing of main characters, just for [shock value]." I totally thought it would be Jesse that would sacrifice himself to save Charlie and Maddie, regardless of Maddie had to say about it. Be she was totally spot on when she told Jesse that she wouldn't be able to shoot her way out to save Charlie. And she 1000% got her vindication for Nate's death, and Michael's burn notice when she calmly say down on her chair, lit a cigarette, and said, "This is for my sons," and blew the bad guys to holy hell. I teared up, and cheered at the same time.
   The next coolest things about the finale were the way they roped the series-long introduction lines into the finale. Sam Axe's "You know spies, a bunch of bitchy little girls," will forever be a quote I drop whenever I watch a show or movie about spies. I can even randomly text the line to friends who watch the show, and they immediately know what I mean. Hay.
   And, finally, another tear up moment at the very end of the finale. Michael Westen and Fiona Glenanne are hidden out in a cabin, presumed dead. Michael turns to Fi, both of them huddled next to a fire, and asks, "What do I tell Charlie, when he asks me one day about his family?" With no hesitation at all, Fi looks at him and says, "Tell him the truth."

"My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy."
 




1 comment:

  1. This was a great finale...it truly did justice to the series! The sprinkling in of the lines from the series long opening credits was also very awesome! I will always love #BurnNotice

    ReplyDelete