Sunday, October 20, 2013

#Arrow

Very quickly, #Arrow is becoming one of my favorite shows. The first season was awesome, and the sophomore season is shaping out to be even better.

Usually, I find constant flashbacks annoying. #Lost was incessant about them. But, in Arrow, I don't mind them at all. I actually enjoy them. Seeing how Oliver developed his skills, and how being stuck on the island shaped his personality really makes sense. His first kill was on the island, and the inner conflict that resulted definitely shows in his character, current day.

They have also done a hell of a job with famous characters from the comics. Slade, Shado, Speedy, #BlackCanary, and #ChinaWhite have all gotten perfect introductions. I don't know if the show will stick with comic names, but I hope they try. #Speedy is a pretty ridiculous alter ego.

Speaking of alter egos, Felicity's refusal to be Ollie's executive assistant was absolutely hilarious. "My secret identity is not going to be 'Your Girl Friday'. Diggle's response is the best line of the season. "It could be worse. My secret identity is his black driver." Also, my favorite part of every episode is Felicity's Freudian slips. Always sexual, I think she really just wants to climb into Ollie's bed. I hope she does. I like her better than Laurel.

Just in case #KatieCassidy and #EmilyBettRickards and #WillaHolland weren't enough hotness on the show, season two adds, #SummerGlau. I want to rant and rave about how much I love her, but every time I'm about to, I imagine Howard from #TheBigBangTheory meeting Glau on the train. I can handle being a creep, but I never want to be #creepy.

I really don't know where the show is going next. I can't imagine any scenario where Oliver gets out of his current situation. Surrounded, inside a police precinct, with a dozen rifles scoped on him, #JossWhedon is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his ass this time.

Lastly, a question to ponder. I've always been a #DC guy so the answer is simple, and immediate for me. Which is a better show, #Arrow or #AgentsOfShield? #Marvel

No comments:

Post a Comment