Sunday, January 25, 2015

Talking to Myself/ Another Top 5 TV

The following is a conversation I just had with myself.

-I haven't watch a western movie in a while. I should do that, and then blog about it.
-This sounds familiar. Maybe I should look at my previous blog posts.
-Oh, that's right. I wrote not one, but two, blog posts about my favorite westerns and what makes a great western.
-You're an idiot.
-Yes, I know.
-So write about something else.
-Like what?
-I don't know. You like making lists, so make a list.
-About what?
-How about Batman? Make a list of your favorite scenes from a Batman movie.
-Nah, that sounds boring to write, and even more boring to read.
-Fine. What about your current favorite shows?
-I guess. That wouldn't be too boring. But now I have to rank my current favorite shows.
-Your life is so hard. Quit whining, and #justwrite
-OK. Thanks, self.

So, there. I'm a complete lunatic. I talk to myself, and even worse, I answer myself. I'm sure they have medications for my condition, but my favorite medication is beer. I'll stick with that.

The following is a list of my top shows, that I watch, day-to-day.

Smallville
I have all 10 seasons on DVD, and it's one of only two shows that I own the complete series. (The other is Angel, but that's another blog post.) My wife completed my set by getting me the 4th season, and decided that she'd like to watch it from start to finish. It's been fun rewatching it with her, but... I only gave her one instruction. Don't watch the season six episode, 'Justice', without me. It's my favorite ep of the entire series. She watched it without me.

Justified
If you read my nonsense, you already know, I love westerns, and I have a cap-gun. Season five of Justified just became available on Amazon Prime Instant Video, and I have turned into a total cowboy. Raylan Givens is the fastest gun in the dirty south, and he's got a bad attitude that I love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXhlg4N8e0
Also, let me not forget to recommend my new friends, http://www.99centnetwork.com/web99/index.html, and on twitter, @99CentNet @moviemusicnet

The Tonight Show
Jimmy Fallon and The Roots celebrated their 200th episode this past week. I have seen every episode since it premiered , except for the second time James Franco was the lead guest. I can't explain why, but I find Franco incredibly annoying. But not a day goes by, where I finish my day with Jimmy, or start my day with Jimmy and my son.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
There is never a time where Star Trek of some sort is not in my Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon queue. Currently it's DS9, but in the near future, I foresee it being Voyager. If it's not Star Trek, it'll be Stargate. Me and SciFi have an agreement. It is always available on my tv.

Blue Bloods
You can ask my wife. I love cop shows. My problem is, my cop shows can be pretty scary. My wife won't watch SVU or Criminal Minds, because it's always about women and children being hurt. Now, as a father, I also can't watch those shows, and the nightly news, and then go to bed without having bad dreams. But Blue Bloods is great. Because it's about family, and legal procedure, I can, and do watch it all the time on Netflix. Also, how can you not love a show starring someone from New Kids on the Block.

So, there ya go. That's what a TVJunkie, and lunatic, watch everyday. Seeya next week.

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment