Saturday, April 14, 2018

Top 10 Albums of All Time

A long-time, sometimes, friend of mine sent me one of those challenges on Facebook. Share your top ten favorite albums of all time in any order, post a picture, explain nothing, and tag ten friends. Well, I don't always follow directions the first time they are given, so...

1. If the Big Ten college conference can be comprised of 14 schools, my top ten can have 14 albums in it. 
2. I'll post as many pictures as I feel. As I write this, it could be none, and it could be 20. I might throw some pictures in that have nothing to do with anything.
3.I'm going to explain all of the albums right now, and maybe some individually. These are the first albums that popped into my head. I won't say that they are amazing pieces of art, but each one means something very important to me. Maybe it defined a specific time of my life. Maybe it shaped the way I think of music. Maybe I once traveled back in time and got to see this album being recorded, or concert performed. Whatever it meant to me, it meant to me. I can change this list at any time, but this is what popped into my head, at one moment in time.
4. Easter Eggs - "Easter Eggs" are a film reference, where the producer slips in tiny references to other things he likes for the audience to notice, or not notice. I may do that. Or not do that.
5. Piss off if you don't like the order.
6. I'm not tagging 10 friends. Or 14. For me and most of the friends I'd tag, this would cause a major source of anxiety. Proof of this, I'm writing at almost one o'clock in the morning.

1. The Foo Fighters- Skin and Bones
One of the best live albums of all time.

2. Tupac- All Eyez on Me
3. Dave Matthews Band- Busted Stuff
4. Dave Matthews Band- Crash
5. Weezer-

6. DC Talk- Jesus Freak
7. Huey Lewis & The News Greatest Hits
You're gonna have to go back to the 80's for this one...
8. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits
9. Jimi Hendrix- Band of Gypsies
10. Norah Jones- Come Away With Me
11. The Killers- Hot Fuss
12. Jay-Z
13. Dashboard Confessional

14. Jay-Z and Linkin Park- Collision Course
My vinyl copy, thanks to my baby brother.
14. Rage Against the Machine- The Battle of Los Angeles
15. Michael Jackson- HIStory 
#GOAT

Now, I'm not saying that these are the greatest albums of all time. I'm not saying that if you don't agree you have crappy taste in music, and are probably stupid. I'm not saying you belong in music hell. But, "There ya go."

There ya go,
J


No comments:

Post a Comment