Monday, November 13, 2017

Premeire Season 2017 Part 1

Every year I try to write a blog post reviewing the season premieres of all the shows I watch, or am starting. This year is a little ridiculous, even foSr me. Hulu watch lists couldn't even keep up with me.


With new shows, shows changing nights, and some shows getting cancelled at the last minute, not even I care enough to write something about each one. So, instead, I decided to just do a gradebook for my shows, with maybe a sentence about any show that might need explanation. So, here it is.

The Orville, B-. All of the plot lines are ripped off from Star Trek, but Seth MacFarlane makes it funnier and fresh. 
Star Trek Discovery, C+ Ok premiere, but I'm not paying money to watch the following episodes.
Gotham, A
The Brave, A-
The Good Place, B
Bull, B
The Good Doctor, A The first medical show I've enjoyed since... ever.
Lethal Weapon, C It's gotten better since the season premiere.
Kevin (probably) Saves the World, A
Chicago PD, A+
Law & Order SVU, A-
NCIS, B
Designated Survivor, B+
Marvel's Inhumans, C
Saturday Night Live, C+
The Gifted, B
Young Sheldon, C+
Brooklyn 99, B
Seal Team, A-
Empire, B+
Chicago Fire, B
The Last Ship, B Doesn't matter because the show already got cancelled.
MacGyver, C+
Hawaii 5-O, A+
Blue Bloods, A
Criminal Minds, A-
NCIS LA, B
Black-ish, B-
Fresh Off the Boat, B-
Madam Secretary, B+
Once Upon a Time, D This show has gone off the rails. I said so, and some ex fans of the show responded, "That's still on?" Guess I didn't get the memo.
Wisdom of the Crowd, A Nice to have Jeremy Piven back on tv.
The Flash, C
Supergirl, B
Legends of Tomorrow, D+ This show is going to be gone soon.
White Famous, B+ Smart, funny show, but it's on Showtime. I doubt I'll ever see the second episode before it gets cancelled.
S.W.A.T, A+ 70s show, gets remade into a crappy action movie, then gets remade into the best new cop show of the year. Yes, please.
Me, Myself, and I, B I'm gonna miss Bobby Moynihan on SNL, but this show is smart and funny. Because I like it, it'll probably get cancelled by Christmas.
Drop the Mic, D- DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!
Stranger Things, A Only disappointing because there isn't more to watch at the end of the short season.
Mindhunter, A+ Great Netflix show. Wish there were more episodes.

Final note; Valor, The Brave, Seal Team, and SWAT are all pretty similar shows. Here's what distinguishes them. Valor isn't very good. SWAT takes place in an American city (LAPD). And, Seal Team is better than The Brave.

Final, final note; I'm still behind on The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones, so I have no thoughts on them yet.

To anyone that actually read this, thank you. I pray for you.

-J



No comments:

Post a Comment