Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Slut Shaming

For those that don't know what slut-shaming is, I'd like to clarify. Wikipedia defines 'Slut Shaming' as thus.

"In human sexuality, slut-shaming is a form of social stigma applied to people, especially women and girls, who are perceived to violate traditional expectations for sexual behaviors. Some examples of circumstances where women are 'slut-shamed' include violating accepted dress codes by dressing in perceived sexually provocative ways, requesting access to birth control, having premarital, casual, or promiscuous sex, engaging in prostitution, or when being victim blamed for being raped or otherwise sexually assaulted."

I apologize in advance when my next statements are offensive.

I don't wish sexual or verbal abuse on anyone. But bring, it.

Go ahead. Threaten in some fashion, my grandmothers, my mothers, my wife, my sister, my sisters in law, my nieces, or any female friend I've ever known in life. My brothers, (Family don't end in blood) will destroy you. My adopted brother works out like he thinks 'The Walking Dead' is coming. My brother-in-laws will choke the shit out of you. My Dad, Grandpa, and Father-in-law will convince you to request a permanent stay in hell. I'm half Puerto Rican and I'll cut you so bad, you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad. Most of my friends don't have any damned sense, I have no idea what they might do.

So, go for it. I am describing life ending scenarios. I'm not proficient with a sidearm, but I do have golf clubs or a hammer at every doorway in our home. I don't play.

 
Thank you, as always for reading. I'm not sure I would read it myself if I weren't the author. I don't yet love the sound of my own voice just yet.
 
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment