Monday, October 19, 2015

Premeire Week Part IV

This is my last post about 'Premiere Week', I promise. (Probably, Maybe.)

Every year during premiere season, I turn into a blindly optimistic, wildly inaccurate, Cubs fan type of #TVJunkie.

"Oooh, I like this show! Everyone will, you just wait."

Without fail, shows I hate run for only a few seasons or less, and the shows I really like, get cancelled immediately, or right before they have a chance to write a finale episode. I won't make a list of those ,since it goes back to the mid-to-late 90s. Instead, here comes what I've cancelled from my list, what's on the verge of getting dumped, and the shows I haven't rated yet.

Shows I haven't rated yet, are such, because either they haven't started yet, or I haven't yet watched any/enough of the current season.

Alpha-Mike-Foxtrot
(AMF is an acronym from my military shows and movies that means 'Adios Mother-Fucker'. I'm done with this these shows.)

The Muppets - I'm a #StayAtHomeDad of a toddler and a 7 month old puppy. When primetime hits, I've had enough of puppets, curious monkeys, and (#ForCryinOutLoud) Elmo. Give me some sex, violence, and rock'n'roll. Plus, I didn't enjoy the pilot episode.

Scream Queens - I've already seen pop-horror-ironic culture. I could barely tolerate it the first time around. I don't need it again, this time with commercials.

Chicago Med - In fairness to Dick Wolf, I didn't even watch the whole pilot. I just wasn't interested. I HATE medical dramas. I didn't even enjoy #ER. My sis did, so I watched some, but no thanks. I'll give it another try if they can manage to drown it in episodes of Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD.

Shark Tank - I actually like #SharkTank. But I like a ton of shows more. I'll continue to watch it, but only inasmuch there's nothing better to watch on primetime, or read in a book.

Questionable Starters
(That's sports talk for "Possibly Could Be a Good But Maybe Not")

Minority Report - It was a brilliant short story by Philip K. Dick. Read it, immediately. I took the movie with a grain of salt, as should you. After all, Tom Cruise was in it. The TV adaptations are getting fewer grains of salt by the minute, but it's worth waiting to form an opinion. You'd know that if you were a precog.

The Last Man on Earth - The premise is interesting and funny. The characters are quirky, and past ridiculous. It can be annoyingly stupid at times, but it's only a half hour show. That alone may mean I keep watching it.

Grandfathered - It's starring John Stamos, but all I see is Uncle Jesse from Full House. I always enjoy it when it's on, I just forget that it's on.

How to Get Away With Murder - It's a tantalizing show. I enjoy it. A show about murdering lawyers is right up my alley. But not when all of the characters are the least likable characters on all of television.

Unlisted
Sports isn't on my viewing list. That doesn't mean I don't watch. It means that anytime the White Sox, The Bulls, The BlackHawks, University of Michigan football, or just about any playoff baseball (even the Cubs) is on, I'm likely switching back and forth between sports, and one of my shows.

Not Yet
This list is comprised of shows that haven't yet begun, or by my #TVJunkie shame haven't watched yet. Sorry, #Oncers and #TeamTardis.

Elementary - Hasn't started yet, but I can't wait for me some Sherlock and Watson.
Person of Interest - I feel like I haven't seen Mr. Reese and Finch in forever.
Once Upon a Time - I haven't watched one minute of the current season, and I'm sorry.
Doctor Who - I've watched the season premiere, and half of the second episode. Don't tell my wife, I at some point bought the third episode on Amazon Instant.
X-Files - The first episode of the new series is tonight, after Gotham. Maybe I'll live tweet it.
Supergirl - With great power comes great responsibility, and the ability to screw up a newly re-vamped #DC. By the way, since 'DC' stands for 'Detective Comics', referring to it as 'DC Comics' is redundant, and stupid.

Como siempre, gracias para leer, y que te vaya bien.
-J









No comments:

Post a Comment